Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Honeymoon - G Rated!

Well, our posts are few and far between lately, but life is getting less crazy by the day, so we hope to be able to keep you better updated. Joe really wanted to write this entry, but I finally have some time, so I decided to go ahead and get it done.

Our honeymoon in Kauai was fantastic! It was so relaxing, yet there was so much to do. We didn't carry our cell phones (I even left mine in UT!), and we didn't wear our watches. It was wonderful to not be on a schedule for anything.

Our hotel was beautiful, with a great view of the pool and ocean. Joe especially enjoyed the fresh pineapple every morning for breakfast -- he couldn't get enough!

Our favorite spots in Kauai were the fun waterfalls we found to play in. The first one we found was Kipu Falls. To get there we walked for about 5 minutes off the road on a path through the sugar cane fields. It opened up to a playground -- you could jump off the cliff into the water next to the falls or swing on the rope swing and drop off into the water. We had a lot of fun playing here.

The next waterfall was along the Na Pali Coast, and we hiked 4 miles to get there. It was a beautiful hike on the hills along the coast and then into a canyon through bamboo groves and rainforest. The humidity sure made it different than hiking in Utah!

The waterfall was the tallest I had ever seen, or been so close to -- you can't even get a good perspective to appreciate how big it was in a picture. We swam around under the falls in the cold water for a while, which felt great after our hike.

We also got to play two rounds of golf on beautiful courses. We played at Poipu Bay, where Joe managed to par the signature hole (among others). We also played at the Kiele Lagoons course at the Marriott where we were staying. I got my only par here, on the hole which jutts out onto a point looking back at our hotel. Both courses had so many beautiful views that it really didn't matter how well (or poorly!) we played.

Another highlight was the helicopter tour we took around the island. Joe even convinced me that we should ride in the smaller helicopter without doors! It was well worth it. We were able to see many parts of the island which are not accessible from the ground. The beautiful Na Pali coast is absolutely breathtaking!

It was a wonderful way to spend our first week of marriage, and we are truly spoiled to have had such a fabulous trip!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!!!! Looks like you had a great time and what beautiful scenery.

Tom & Tracey said...

Only one picture with your watch on (Kelly), but it looks like it was right when you got to the hotel. When in Hawaii, I'm always tempted to just sit by the pool and watch the waves, sun and sand while guzzling Mai Tais. I'm not very good at resisting temptation. So I'm glad you adventurers make up for me. And now through you, I feel like I've really seen the Islands (at least Kauai). Great post.

Tom & Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Loved those pictures, so beautiful! The wedding was such a blast, glad to see the trip was too!
Sure loved getting to know all of Joe's siblings (and their kids)! Love, Marcy

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and a great time........ain't marriage great!!!



Now Joe pick-up your clothes and be sure to shower before gettting in bed ..........