Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Swim, Bike, Run!



This past Sunday my friends and I "competed" in the Boulder Peak Triathlon. After much training, we all finished and exceeded our goals! The race consisted of a 1.5K swim, 42K bike ride, and a 10K run. Although we weren't actually racing anyone but ourselves, it is always fun to get the adrenaline going in a race environment.

As you can see from the photo, Marcy, Lauren, Karen, Holly and I were all pretty excited to show off our huge muscles.

Actually, I did feel pretty tough until I found out that one of the athletes in the race ran into a BEAR while going 35mph on her bike! I'm not kidding -- check out the news story on it: http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_205183705.html. Who runs into a bear while riding her bike? Plus, who would actually finish the race after a huge wipeout involving a bear?Now, that's tough!

It was a great event, and lots of fun to train with my sister and friends. Joe seemed to be "busy" that weekend, but I'll have to make sure he doesn't have any plans next year. Any other takers for this event next summer?

5 comments:

Tom & Tracey said...

170 mile bike ride yesterday, triathalon today. What are you waiting for? Mt. Everest isn't going to climb itself! Such slackers.
Good job avoiding 600 lb animals on your race.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Thanks for the offer, but I think I'd better stay land-locked. My near drowning in Rollway Lake set back my training. I'll stick to kiddie pools for a while.

Anonymous said...

Nice Job!!!!

-Bro. John

Are you sure it wasn't a 600lbs bare person?

Anonymous said...

Kelly ... you are the wo MAN!!! I'm so glad you are doing so much training/biking/triathalons and such so the rest of us don't have to!!! Thanks for takin' one for the team. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll show my muscles, but leave the rest to you. Awesome job, and y'all are hot!