Friday, July 14, 2006

Kelly and Joe visit the cabin

Recently Kelly and I made the trip to The Cabin. One of the requirements prior to marriage into the Cronley family is making a trip to The Cabin. It was great to see all the relatives that were there for Rachel and William Oppen's wedding reception. It was great to see The Cabin and drive the ol' Toyota pick up. The beast still runs! (and its good for another 100,000 miles) It was tough to see The Cabin go, as mom recently sold The Cabin to Uncle Peter, but all good things must come to an end. Additionally, I was able to sell my snowmobile and trailer to Cousin Tom Sheridan during our visit.

Kelly enjoyed her stay at The Cabin, but I am sure the plush accommodations at the Walbridge Cabin had much to do with her opinion of The Cabin. Sleeping at The Cabin was entirely out of the question.

I will certainly miss The Cabin, but I was very happy to have had the opportunity to say "Good-Bye" to an old friend.

I just learned how to post a picture onto this blog. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Tom & Tracey said...

I knew we had a blogger or two out there. I think you'll have fun with it...I know we do.
I laughed quite a bit at the "the beast still runs (and is good for another 100 thou) line." Keep 'em comin'!

Anonymous said...

Joe & Kelly,

I like this way to keep up with everyone. I agree that the Walbridge cabin was the way to go. So, we'll just have to wait a bit until we see tons of pitures of another new little Cronley - and I don't mean Kelly. Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

PS - I did get Keith's BBQ sauce recipe in the cookbook, but will Kelly do her egg souffle or does she want me to do it since you guys left the recipe at the cabin?

Fenian Fox said...

I only went to the cabin once, but experienced:

1) Rasputin the fish
2) Being dragged behind a car
3) Being a member of the Former Soviet hockey team
4) Driving over a barbed wire fence (and not remembering it)

Look forward to seeing you in two weeks.

Fenian Fox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.