Kelly and I recently took a vacation to Kaua'i--the best of the Hawai'ian Islands in our view. A week in Paradise that went by much too quickly, but I will give you the highlights! We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu Bay. It was the nicest hotel at which either of us had ever stayed. The endless lava pool sprawled throughout the 56 acre property!
I accompanied Kelly in a relaxing day at the spa, including a soothing massage. We spent much time in the pool area, lounging around, soaking up some rays of sunlight, and reading our books. We also went on many morning jogs, visited some remote beaches, enjoyed snorkeling, and ate lots of pineapple and fresh seafood. However, the highlight of this trip (we went to Kaua'i on our Honeymoon two and a half years ago) was a 10 mile hike on the west coast near Waimea Canyon. We went with another couple from Red Lodge, Montana; Wayne and Jane.
We also got to play some golf, including a round at Poipu Bay Golf Course, where the champions of the four Major PGA tournaments face off annually in the Grand Slam of Golf. Kelly shot the best round of her life--a 114, including a 50 on the front nine! I also played surprising well shooting a 94, including four consecutive pars.
The flight home came much too soon, but we returned to the mainland rejuvenated and well rested! We would highly recommend Kaua'i for a vacation anytime!
3 comments:
I'm sold! But, I'd like you two for our tour guides. You guys have the best vacations!
I'm finally getting caught up on some blog reading. Sounds like you guys had a great time in Kaui! Amazing pics!! Thanks for the updates and I hope that you all are continuing to do well. Only a few more months til BB is here!!
GORGEOUS - you and the scenery!
Post a Comment