Saturday, June 30, 2007

Backtracking, once again!

Once again, we will have to backtrack quite a bit to get up to date on our blog! I was trying to hold out until Joe wrote another post, but I gave in -- who knows how long that will be! Thanks for sticking with us.
Over Memorial Day weekend, I was Confirmed at the Cathedral of the Madeline in Salt Lake City. It was a wondeful ceremony, and the cathedral is beautiful! My mom and Mike Fortin joined us for the special occasion. The following day, we had a fun round of golf - the boys beat the girls, but it was still fun!

The following weekend, we got to travel down to the deep south to visit family! We arrived in Birmingham, AL (where Joe had been for a work meeting), and Sara drove us out to Meridian, MS to see Tracey, Tom, and Marin and their beautiful home. We had such a wondeful time visiting all weekend, and Marin provided constant entertainment! She is practicing her Miss America wave, and she is so much fun! Tom was able to give Joe some lessons on BBQ Ribs, but I have yet to taste them in Utah! We were also able to drive by the apartment building where my parents lived in the early '70's. Before departing on Sunday, we got to spend some time with Greg in Birmingham as well. It was such a treat be with family for the weekend!

There is more to come, I promise - stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Kelly, even if Joe never returns to the blogosphere! Congrats on your Confirmation as well.