Saturday, November 08, 2008

Lions vs. Bears at Soldier Field

Kelly and I joined Suzanne and John and Boog and Andy Dampeer (Boog's longtime 2-on-2 tackle football rival) in Chicago last week to take in the Lions-Bears Game at the new Soldier Field. It was an amazing experience, as John got us all tickets in the Emerson suite. 35 yard line, all-you-can-eat food, parking under the stadium--life was good! In fact, all was good, as the Lions led at halftime 23-13. The Lions scored 23 points in the 2nd quarter. Coming into the game, the Lions had scored 29 points in the 2nd quarter of all their games combined! Anyway, it did not take long for the Lions to get a dose of reality, as they were unable to score at all in the 2nd half, falling to the Bears 27-23. Ouch! This one hurt more than the others, as the Lions fell to 0-8 for the season! Other than the Lions losing, the weekend was fantastic! Hanging out with Clare and Kate was great fun. I went for a run on Saturday morning with John and Clare. No run is complete without stopping at not one, but two coffee shops--one of John's traditions. I made homemade Chicken Noodle soup not once, but twice (both Saturday and Sunday). I learned from Mom that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Many people commented (after a little prompting), "That's the best soup I have ever tasted!" Thanks Suzanne and John for hosting a great weekend--one that I am certain to remember for a long time!

6 comments:

Woods Family said...

Awesome pictures Joe! I would love for you to send me some soup!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Joe - you are hot! Your bald head is sexy :) Love, Kelly

Tom & Tracey said...

The wheels came off for the Lions when they realized they were in unknown territory...winning in the second half.

Marcy said...

Loved having Kelly this weekend. No box seats, but a great time:) love, marcy

Michigan Palmers said...

Ummm... Kelly, TMI!!! On the hotness ;) But I have to agree, he's pretty handsome no matter what. What a fantastic time for you all. Is the soup recipe in THE cookbook? If not, I'd like it also.

Sara said...

Forget the recipe. I expect some this weekend when I visit. Not sure what I'm going to do about the weather, though. I don't own any snow boots.