On August 23rd I participated in a triathlon at the Jordanelle reservoir just outside of Park City. It was an Olympic distance...1500 meter swim, 26 mile bike, 5.6 mile run. My friend Jenny also participated, and it was fun to train with her for her first triathlon! What can I say...well, we finished! It was a lot harder and hotter than we expected, but we made it. Let's just say that my smiles in the photos are a good demonstration of "fake it 'till you make it." Next year Joe is planning to join us for the event.
Following the triathlon (and a quick shower!) we headed up to Pinedale, WY for a night of camping with the Sheridans. We loved spending time with the girls, and Eric and Shallary generously let us sleep in the big bed in the camper! Rebecca, our Goddaughter, has grown up a lot, and she is quite the mischievous little girl! The girls all had fun playing with Eric and Cousin Joe in the lake. What a fun family!


We also had a great visit from both Brigid and Holly & Jeremy for Labor Day weekend. We had fun visiting, hiking, going to a concert at Deer Valley, and attending (and Joe working at) the Miner's Day parade in the cold and rain! Holly's new kitten Oliver got to meet Maggie the dog...check out this link to a video of the encounter.
Last weekend we took a great trip to Montana. On Friday night we visited some friends who used to live in Park City and now live in Thompson Falls. It was great to see Katrina, Theo and Solveig, but unfortunately Eric was out of town. On Saturday afternoon we headed to visit Glacier National Park to spend a long weekend with my friends from college. It was absolutely beautiful, and it was wonderful to spend time with Jenn, Andy, and Theo (yes, another Theo!). We did the drive over "Going to the Sun Road," took a few great hikes, had beautiful picnics, and Joe even got in some fly fishing. Theo had a great time throwing rocks...his favorite hiking pastime! As you can see from the pictures, Theo also enjoyed helping Joe fish and build a fire. We stayed in a rustic cabin on a beautiful meadow, which was very peaceful and relaxing. It was a great time of year to be there, as the summer crowds were gone and the temperatures were perfect! We also stopped in Whitefish, MT before flying out of Kalispell on Tuesday. It was great to get away, and we look forward to more adventures in Glacier in the future!
I am still working on my slide show-making skills. The pictures in the slide show don't show up with very good quality, but they'll have to do for now. I just added some plain photos soon so you can actually see them in good quality. Hopefully it will become a faster process as I get better at linking the photos, and I'm hoping to add titles and captions as well. For now, this is good enough!
4 comments:
I love all the photos!! It sure looks like you have been having a lot of fun!!! I think I need to go to Montana sometime! WOW!
Love
Patty
Nice job with the blog. Next time I will take a turn at it!
Everything looks GREAT!! What amazing territory. I'm tired just thinking of a triathalon. Impressive.
Great photos, and glad to see you haven't missed a beat :o) What beautiful scenery!!!
Post a Comment