Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Just a quick post to share some pictures of our silly Halloween costumes. At the last minute before going to a party at the Bellews, we raided my parents' basement and dug out some old costumes that my mom made for me when I actually went trick-or-treating! Good thing we wore things big and baggy back then and she had the insight to make them big enough for us to wear for years to come. I bet she never envisioned me wearing them with my husband! Joe thought his "teef" were a perfect addition to the jester costume.

We were excited to be living in a neighborhood for Halloween, and Joe bought lots of candy in anticipation of trick-or-treaters. We were disappointed with only 5 knocks on the door. I think Joe even managed to scare the kids out of taking the candy by showing them his lovely teef! Needless to say, we will be snacking on mini candy bars for quite some time!

Next year we'll have to put a little more thought into our costumes and come up with something original.

It is getting colder in Park City, but we still don't have much snow sticking around. Now that we have raked the leaves, Joe has cleaned out the gutters, and we have cleaned out and covered our fountain, our yard is ready for snow! Hopefully it won't be long before we are posting pictures from ski adventures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes! Joe started being a clown when he was three in an outfit that Mom made. That same outfit (red with white polka dots) has made it through the Greening kids and is now at the Woods. I should scan on a picture of Joe in his original clown suit.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to correct Brigid's statement. That costume also made it through the Palmer kids, all 3 of them.

I think you guys should have worn those for the wedding??? Wouldn't that have been a circus.

(I know that was bad.)

Anonymous said...

Clowns are scary! But I love the teef! :))))

Anonymous said...

The Halloweeen costumes are GREAT!!!Joe looks a little different than Holly...I'm sure it's the teef!

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous...you narrowed yourself down with your comment...how many people reading this blog will remember what Kelly and Holly looked like many years ago........? The costumes are great, don't get me wrong, but clowns in general are scary, still!!! he he